Wednesday 1 September 2010

Thanking God for His many blessings! And the Rains!

Hey! Praise be to God Almighty for a new month! September 2010. Thank God for all His blessings, sound health, accommodation, money to spend, food to eat and the rains! The rains! Some say it is too much, I think otherwise. I happened to get questioned about the rains today.


I was getting out of my apartment when my next door neighbour just popped up right in front of me, all smiles. A thousand and one thoughts immediately started circulating in my head.

She went: “Good morning, how are you? Please I will like to speak with your brother.” That is my cousin putting up with me. “He is having his bath right now,” I told her.

“Ok then I may as well ask you the question, and I will like to record it” She said. I prompted her on with a questioning look.

She wanted to know what I think about the continuous rainfall we have been experiencing in Abuja for some weeks now. I was curious, what will she want to know my opinion about an issue like that for and have it recorded too, so I asked her. “Are you are journalist.” She answered “Yes” I wanted to ask more question but thought better of it after all she came to me to ask her question. I told her it is normal. After all it is rainy season, what do one expect if not rain.

And that is Abuja, when it is rainy season expect it in abundance (though for a couple of years now the rains did not start early as it used to). When it is time for heat, you could shower two, three times before daybreak and yet not get a good sleep.

Thank God for the rains, because of it I happen to know one of my new neighbours is a journalist!

No comments:

Post a Comment